The Pupil Premium is an additional grant paid to schools to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential.
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
The school’s current Pupil Premium Strategy focuses on four areas:
- Deductive and inferential reading.
- Support and ‘over-learning’ to address gaps in prior learning.
- Challenge for more able disadvantaged pupils.
- Increased attendance rates for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium.
Our 'Pupil Premium Strategy 2020-2021' details how we intend to spend our grant this year (below).
To see the impact of our funding last year (up to the point of the partial school closure mid-way through Term 4), please read the evaluated version the ‘Pupil Premium Strategy 2018-2019 (April 2020 Review)’.